Saturday, January 29, 2011

sunshine makes everything better

Being from northern california, I'm used to warm summers and cold, dark, rainy winters. But now in southern california I'm having to adapt to this new climate where it is sunny and hot about 325 days out of the year. I've been back at school for a week now and everyday it's been about 70 degrees or warmer outside. It's sunny with blue skies everyday. We even went to the beach last weekend! In January! For a norcal girl, that was an experience.

Today I woke up to, once again, sunny blue skies and while enjoying my morning coffee marveled at the realization of how the sunshine can totally alter your attitude. It's pretty hard to be sad, or gloomy when you look out the window and the sun is shining bright -- you can't help but smile. Today would be the perfect day for a beach trip or some volleyball. I think I could get used to this :)

No comments:

Post a Comment