Monday, February 7, 2011

currently listening...

I am in love with finding new musical discoveries!

I don't know where this band came from or why I have never discovered it before, but thanks to my great friend Kelly Rae, the HURTS album has been on major repeat for about 2 weeks now and it's not getting old in the slightest! These two men are brilliant in everything they do...I can't wait for their next album to come out because if it's anything compared to this one it will be utter brilliance.
Also on repeat is the, not new discovery, but always amazing Iron and Wine. The Endless Numbered Days album is possibly one of the most musically amazing things I personally have ever heard. It is the perfect thing to wake up to or fall asleep to. It's a perfect combination of soothing guitar and allay vocals. Samuel Beam, you've outdone yourself once again.
And lastly, at least for today, is a local band from right here in Orange County (now LA) that is becoming much more well known. Local Natives album Gorilla Manor is awe-mazing. These guys seriously have something amazing to offer the musical industry and world. Their song "World News" is probably my personal   favorite, but all of their songs are fantastic. The music is fairly simplistic, but their vocals and harmonies will take you away on quite a journey. It's turning out to be awesome studying or gym music...eh what am I kidding, Local Natives can filter through my ears and mind anytime :)

No comments:

Post a Comment